A US soaring contest scoring system
Winscore is a robust and easy to use Windows based scoring program for soaring contests in the US. The scoring program is used at soaring contests to calculate contestant speeds, distances, scores, and to generate score sheets. The scoring program also can generate .zip files which contains the GPS flight traces (.igc files) and scoring information (.xml) for each contestant. These .zip files can then be put on a web page where Internet users can view a replay of the contestant's flights for that day.
Winscore Program (Win 8, Win 10):
Winscore Source Code
John Godfrey prepared a guild to automatic scoring with Winscore. Available here.
The tutorials below were made available via www.youtube.com. For best results, view the tutorial in full screen mode
Winscore Version History:
* Corrected FAI start radius subtraction for incomplete flights.
* Corrected FAI start radius subtraction.
* Corrected FAI handicap application
Added start penalty check for FAI tasks.
Corrected date rollover which occurs on the 31st of the month.
Corrected minor distance calculation errors in FAI area tasks.
* Updated furthest progress computation on FAI Area tasks to comply with FAI rules.
* Corrected legacy bug in SSA Assigned task score calculations
* Corrected airfield bonus award
* Corrected land out distance to conform to FAI Bullshit.
* Added airfield bonus points to final score, not the provisional
* Corrected STOC to always use MINTIME for FAI & *HANDICAPPED* classes
* Permitted .5 radius turn areas.
* Fixed spurious warning about task lengths for FAI tasks.
* Toned down the FAI Experimental task nag message for task creation.
* No automatic airport bonus for FAI with distance < 100km
* Added % complete (N/Dm) for FAI task information output
* Corrected FAI max scores from being negative when 0 constants started.
· Updates for FAI Alternate Scoring.
· Corrected the score uploader to send scores to members.ssa.org instead of www.ssa.org.
· No change from 2020 Rev 2 version.
Support of the scoring and viewing programs is provided by the author, Guy Byars.
The best way to contact him is via email:
For critical support issues, Guy's cell phone is: 513-307-1484
In your initial mail message to Guy, please include a complete description of your problem and also attach the Winscore data file (.wscx) to the email. If you are having problem with the evaluation of a flight log, you should also attach the IGC file for the flight in question. Including this information with your initial email will speed up your support.